Call for volunteers to help conduct the project evaluation
As I don't like to spend hours on my studying I often use students services. For example, to write my term paper I always use this platform. It is a reliable resource that provides only unique texts in time.
for Maternity Mates™
About Maternity Mates
WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services) launched the pioneering Maternity Mates project in 2010, which recruits and provides accredited training to volunteers to help pregnant women in Tower Hamlets and Newham who need extra support.
We concentrate on positive outcomes in three key areas
- Birth experience and preparing women to care for their baby (both emotionally and practically)
- Employment and education prospects for volunteers
- Supporting health professionals to help the mother to make informed decisions about her care, and that of her baby
What kind of volunteer are we looking for?
- We are looking for four volunteers to support us in carrying out an in-depth evaluation of our Maternity Mates project.
- Individuals should be motivated to learn more about qualitative research, improve their employability skills and contribute positively to the project.
- Living in east London would be an advantage.
- Enthusiasm, awareness of confidentiality, attention to detail, flexibility, listening skills, openness to learning and sharing are all important for this placement.
What will the volunteer work involve?
- Conducting in-depth interviews with vulnerable mothers, volunteers and health professionals
- Attending local events and workshops with the project team and partners
- Transcribing and analysing qualitative data
What do we offer the volunteer?
- Hands-on experience and training in qualitative research methods and Patient & Public Involvement
- Regular input, support and supervision from the team
- There is no payment for the work, but we will cover your travel expenses.
What would be the volunteers' responsibilities?
- To dedicate 2 to 3 hours per week to the project for 6 months
- To maintain e-mail communication with the supervisor as necessary at other times in the week
- To follow a work schedule, to be agreed with the project team, in a reliable and responsible way
- To undergo a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check
How can you apply to be a volunteer?
Jasmin Begum - Maternity Mates Project Manager
T: 020 7377 8725
Deadline for applications
Sunday 20th September 2015
Interviews will take place on
Friday 25th September 2015
Maternity Mates™ is the registered trademark of WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services)