Frequently Asked Questions
WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services) works primarily in the London borough of Tower Hamlets. We conduct a number of regular projects across the borough, in Newham and at the Brady Centre in Whitechapel. Please see the What We Do pages for details on our projects.
Our main focus is on helping disadvantaged women and their families. We work with all communities, in particular:
- Eastern European
- White British
Whilst our primary concern is helping women, we also manage projects for men and specific groups. Please see the What We Do pages for details on our projects.
Details of our projects can be found on the What We Do page; each of these projects caters for specific groups and have individual referral criteria and referral forms, which can be accessed on the Health Referrals page.
- If you would like to speak to us about any of our projects or would like to email any questions, please contact staff for the relevant project listed in the Health Referrals or What We Do pages.
- Some of our projects are also happy to visit GP practices and health centres, etc., to raise awareness of health conditions amongst patient groups. If you would like to know more about this, please contact staff for the relevant project on the What We Do page.
- We encourage people to chat with their GP, midwife, nurse, etc., to find out if they would benefit from any of our projects.
- For projects dealing with specific health issues (such as Maternity Mates) we prefer that you are referred by a health practitioner so that we can give you the best possible service.
- For projects involving research or awareness campaigns, such as FGM /C (female genital mutilation/cutting) please see the Events page for details of meetings and roadshows.