Somali Women’s 50+ Friday Club
Date: Every Friday
Time: 11am to 2pm
Venue: Granby Hall
About the event
WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services) hold weekly sessions for Somali women over 50 at Granby Hall. This informal club is a place for Somali women elders to meet on Fridays to share memories, take up classes and support one another to stay well and reduce loneliness. Sessions are supported by Somali-speaking staff, who encourage women to get involved in the activities provided, such as:
- Arabic sessions
- English classes
- Keep fit sessions (gentle exercise)
- Advice, information and referral to relevant services and organisations
- Health awareness sessions (such as cancer awareness and living with Type 2 diabetes)
- A hot lunch is provided for a £2 donation.
Who can attend the event?
- All Somali women over the age of 50 who live in Tower Hamlets are welcome.
How to get involved
- Come along to Granby Hall when the club is in session to meet the friendly staff and club members – there’s no need to book.
Please click here for directions to the venue:
37 St Matthew's Row
London E2 6DT
These sessions are part of the Stay Active @70+ project provided by WHFS. Please click here for more information and how to get involved in volunteering opportunities, social activities and developing the activities of community groups supporting people over 70 in Tower Hamlets.
Tuyet My Diep – Project Worker
T: 020 7377 9654
M: Mobile 07496 704 885